Sunday, January 23, 2011

Oh no...

We closed on our new house on November 18th.  We knew we'd be moving the last weekend of January.  So when did I start purging and packing? Today.  That's right - two months of time wasted doing things like feeding babies and getting back to work when I should've been sorting crap into the "move to the new house", "give to Goodwill", and "what the hell is that and how long has it been in my house?" piles.

Today I tackled the hall coat closet, since we don't have one in the new place.  Gotta purge a lot from that sucker.  And do you know what I found?  More than one hundred baseball caps.  Do you know how often I've worn a baseball cap in the past year?  Maybe twice.  And Joe? Never! One friend suggested we open a museum.  I also found more than twenty random tote-type bags from make-up gifts, conferences, and giveaway days at the ballparks.  Oh, and 20 or so scarves, some with matching hats and or gloves.  And every purse I've carried for the past ten years.  I could actually be one of those women who changed her purse to match her outfit.  Only I won't be...don't worry.

Luckily, the babies napped nearly the whole afternoon and let me pore over everything.  But I did not get to my closet to purge the clothes I no longer wear.  So perhaps that will happen as we unpack next week and on into February.

Want to come help with the unpacking?  I've got a hat for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment