Friday, December 3, 2010

Who are you?

I started this blog really as a journal, as a way to keep track of our journey through the IVF process and pregnancy.  And then it became an easy way to share pictures and stories of our day-to-day trials and triumphs with friends and family.  But along the way we've discovered something.  Apparently, our babies are cute!  And people like looking at their pictures and reading about their exploits.

A few weeks ago I noticed a "stats" tab on this blog site.  Clicking on it, I'm able to see how many "page visits" the site has had (10,311 as of this writing...not counting mine, I swear), which post has been the all-time most popular (Day One - Some pictures, with 337 views, followed by Dear Babies with 328 views), and "traffic sources" which shows that most people follow links from Facebook to the blog, though some of Joe's Twitter followers click on the links and some folks actually search for "Salvateenies" on Google.

The most bizarre part of the stats page is the "audience" info, which will tell me which computer platform my readers use (30% Internet Explorer, 29% Safari, 22% Firefox), and which OS they use (49% Windows, 36% Mac, 10% iPhone or iPad).  And it tells me what countries they are from.  Not surprisingly, the bulk of the readers are from the United States.  But there have also been 94 views from Canada, 57 from Israel, 50 from Germany, 19 apiece from Ukraine and Australia, 15 from Brazil, 14 from Indonesia, 11 from Denmark, 10 from Turkey, and just this month 5 from Russia, 4 from Malaysia, 2 from New Zealand and 1 from Costa Rica!

So my question is...who are all you people?  I'd love to know (even) more about my "audience" ... though it seems rather grandiose to refer to you as an "audience".  Please consider responding to this post with a comment telling me who you are, where you are, and how you learned about the blog so that the Salvateenies can one day know just how popular they were!

11 comments:

  1. Wow...now I wanna know too! ~ Lisa Carr

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let us all know, OK? XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi, I am a mom of twins, and I love reading about your beautiful babies. I think they are really cute, sitting in their bouncy seats smiling. I live in RWC, CA, nothing exotic, but it's home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm Eyleen. I'm an A's fan and FB friends with Joe (although we've never met). My son is 29, but reading your blog takes me back and I enjoy it tremendously. And your babies are so CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This response reminds me of the time I taught at French American High School down on Oak Street. The faculty is from all over the world and on the first day of faculty meetings, people stood up, introduced themselves, and where they were from: France, England, Germany, Spain, Turkey, etc.

    I felt quite sheepish standing up saying I was from the Richmond District in SF but it made me unique 8-)

    So we're the folks living a few blocks away who love the Salvateenies 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is what I'm talking about! 62 page views - 5 comments!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know some of the page views on my blog are attributable to spambots... but I'm a real person visiting you, 'cuz it's neighborly...! Hi Edith!

    - Terry

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi.. I have a thing for Max!! Caorline and Daniel are cute too ;) At least you have page views.. Ms. Popular! Yay Salvateenies! Xo Tomas

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Edith.... I'm the "friend-of-a-friend" having triplets you mentioned in Knock on Wood. I have a 3yo at home, but have enjoyed reading how it's going for you!! I'll be 31wks Wednesday.

    Erika Rogers

    ReplyDelete
  10. Edith, I, am of course probably the only Dodger fan of the alvateenies...yes, it's Rick from Section 116...right here in good ole SF (although born and indoctrinized in LA). See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm Katie - an A's fan, and a friend of Joe's on Twitter (@EllisFan14) and on Facebook. We went the RE route to get pregnant (IUI), too, and have a number of friends who are IVF parents to singletons and twins.

    ReplyDelete