Friday, October 30, 2015

International Day, 2015

Each year, the kids' school holds an "International Day" on Halloween, asking parents to send their children to school in an outfit that represents their particular culture, rather than wearing their Halloween costumes.  This is a frustration to me, as it means I have to come up with TWO costumes for each kid.  The first year, I sent them to school in their San Francisco shirts (and sent sliced sourdough bread to represent their culture in the pot luck), and last year we celebrated the Giants' third World Series celebration with our orange and black and garlic fries. 

This year the school inexplicably instituted a "no superhero shirts" policy and then never mentioned it to me, but rather would mention it to the kids at school.  And so I saw an opening to follow the assignment and be a brat, and I dressed them all in Captain America shirts for International Day.  Win-Win!





















No comments:

Post a Comment