Saturday, August 27, 2011

Back to Work and Clean Babies

That's right, back to work...  School started for teachers on Tuesday, and the students came Thursday.  This year, I'm teaching two periods of Spanish 1 and the rest of my time is dedicated to my new job as president of our teachers' union.  Things have been going well, but I haven't had to stay after school for a meeting yet.  We'll see how that goes...

The other big Salvateenie news this week involves bath time.  Instead of dragging them each into the sink-tub individually this week, we decided to try giving everyone a bath together in the tub!  This meant pulling out the rubber duckies we've had stored (and discovering some really cute terry cloth "bath finger puppets" I didn't remember we'd gotten) and the Sesame Street non-skid mat and faucet cover I picked up last week.  

Everyone got stripped down in the living room and then we carried them into the bathroom.  Unfortunately, I'd forgotten to check the water temperature and it was a little too warm for them, which meant we had to hover around the baby with squirmy, screamy, naked babies while we waited for the cold water to mix in. 

But once they got in and over the initial screamies, everything was fun time!














1 comment: