Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A night with three recovering sick kids...

Everyone got to sleep by 10pm -  Daniel needed a little bit of Ibuprofen to make sure his ear ache wouldn't pain him during the night.  They were all in cribs by 10:30 (they fell asleep in the living room, so I let them settle a bit before moving them).  Everything was set up for today and cleaned --well, as clean as it gets around here-- by 11:00 and I was asleep by 11:30.

At 12:50, Max woke up coughing and then crying.  I got up with him, saw a little white tooth bud peeking out on his upper gumline, and made a bee-line for the Ibuprofen.  Once he was drugged up and cuddled, I put him back in his bed and stood waiting outside the door to see if he would start crying again.

By 1:15 or so I was back in bed and I think I slept pretty quickly after that.

At 3:15 it was Caroline's turn.  She woke up crying and I cuddled with her on the couch a bit while I waited for her to calm down.  She was back in bed by 3:50 and I was in bed just after that.

At 4:40 Daniel's Ibuprofen wore off.  So I got up with him and gave him the next dose.  And as I started to cuddle with him I actually heard myself say, "That's OK, Daniel.  Mommies don't need sleep when they have cutie pie babies like you, right?"  He must've thought I was being sarcastic, because he settled right back down to sleep and I got to lie down for the last hour until my alarm went off.

And they weren't up until 8:30 or later in the morning!

Let's just hope this all stops when everyone gets better.

No comments:

Post a Comment