Saturday, March 26, 2011

Max's Literary Allusions

Ever since I bought Max his little frog PJs way back in his newborn sized days, I've been planning the following photo shoot.  

Funny thing about the frog pjs - they seem to all be a size too small!  I bought them back in those NB days and they fit him for ONE DAY before we had to send them off to his friend Junior who is a month younger and smaller than Max.  This past Thursday, Max had a blowout in his clothes and had to be changed, so Joe chose the 9-month sized frog pjs, expecting them to be a little big. Surprisingly they fit perfectly.  His other 9-month pjs are still pretty huge on him.  Oh well - no time to lose with the photo shoot!

Many years ago, sitting in the new Bookshop Santa Cruz in the "R" section of fiction, I happened upon a Tom Robbins novel called "Half Asleep in Frog Pajamas".  Pulled in by the title, I scanned a few pages, bought it, read it, and became a fan (though, I admit, Robbins is hit or miss for me - loved Frog PJs, Jitterbug Perfume, and Invalids Home from Hot Climates; couldn't get into or through Still Life of the Woodpecker or Even Cowgirls Get the Blues).  

And so, without further chatter, I give you Max,

Mostly awake in Frog Pajamas:


Half Asleep in Frog Pajamas:

Mostly Asleep in Frog Pajamas:

Totally Asleep in Frog Pajamas:

No comments:

Post a Comment