Tuesday, September 14, 2010

This is it...

This can't be real, can it? At this time tomorrow, we will be parents to three tiny people.  Regardless of the number of posts I've written, doctor's appointments I've had, or baby gear I've accumulated, there is just no way I can imagine that it is real.

How in the world are we going to do this?  When did we ever think this was going to be possible?

Everyone is telling us to say good-bye to life as we know it, to make sure we do everything we want to before the babies come because it will be years before we have the freedom to do things again.  And yet, here I sit on the last day before a lifetime of parenthood and I can't think of anything to do.  There are tables to clear off and things to organize, but I just can't get myself moving to do them.

I can't even decide what I want to eat for my "last meal"!

So, for all of you who have been offering to help us out with babysitting or food delivery or just holding a baby or two while we freak out (I keep having flashbacks to that WB Cartoon "Freakazoid" today) - we should be home by Monday.  Just give us a call and tell us when you're coming and what you're willing to do.  We are helpless to know what help we will need and will most definitely be depending on the kindness of friends and family (and, what the heck, strangers too, as I have been informed the Salvateenies share their birthday with Blanche DuBois).

Thanks to everyone for all the support we've gotten and for all the support you will give us in the future.  It is wonderful to know that we and the babies are so loved.

2 comments:

  1. I am soooooooooo excited!!! JoAnna, Sara and I have formed a babysitters club. Let us know when you're ready...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you made the Streetcar reference. And I love that you are giving birth to three tiny people in a few hours!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete