Wednesday, September 1, 2010

OK, I get it now

I can't roll over in bed without holding my breath and grimacing in pain.  My back hurts - upper and lower.  My feet are puffy and sore.  My hands are intermittently numb and pained.  I get exhausted quickly and have to sit more often than not.

And yet, I still feel good enough to get up and out each day to do some little thing.  I'm unhappy, though, that just as I've decided I need to rest and hang out  more in the house (where there are plenty of tasks to keep me busy anyway), it's getting hot again, meaning the apartment will not be comfy. :(

Other observances as I've reached the 34 week mark: the babies are restless.  They move from side to side as they feel like it.  They swim and kick and push against my sides.  This morning, Joe laid his head on my belly and listened/felt them moving around - he was pretty shocked.  But it happens to me all the time...I'll just be sitting, thinking about something, and boom a baby moves.  The nice part is that it doesn't hurt.  I've heard from a number of friends about babies kicking them in the lungs and keeping mom up all night.  These guys are definitely active, and it hurts when they choose a spot that sits on my sciatic nerve or put too much pressure on my groin, but most of the time I just feel big and puffy.

For two more weeks - then I'll be exhausted and overwhelmed!

34 Weeks!

3 comments:

  1. Edith, the best advice I got when pregnant (admittedly, not with triplets) was, "Sleep NOW while you can!" I sympathize about the heat. Sam was born on Sept. 5th. The weather was just like today! Love, Jan H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Edith! The other Draper here. I have loved every step of this journey that you and Joe have undertaken. You, mom-to-be, are truly amazing - you are the poster mom for triplets.
    You never whine about anything, always see the humorous side of your situation and I know that you and Joe will be great parents - those babies will be lucky to have you! Just know that there are a lot of people supporting and loving all 5 of you. Thanks for sharing the journey.
    PS: I'm not even really on Facebook - I just peek in on Rich's.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the support! I'm sure we'll be able to use all the positive energy we can get in the months to come. :)

    ReplyDelete