Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Dear Babies...

Well, this is it, the big day.  Your daddy is in the shower now, making sure he's clean and ready to meet you in a few hours.  He let me take the first shower so I could make sure to get as much hot water as I wanted.

It still seems entirely unreal that you will be here with us, outside where we can see you and touch you and feel you breathe (and hear you cry, of course).  To be honest, I'm going to miss having you pretty much all to myself.  I'll miss feeling you swim around inside of me, or kick things off my belly - though I won't miss those times you sat on my sciatic nerve or groin and made it impossible to roll over in bed!

I hope that you will grow up happy and healthy, and most of all loved.  Your dad and I have wanted you for a long time, and we went through a bunch of hoops to get you here, so cut us some slack if we seem to hug you a little too tightly from time to time (or spend way too many hours just watching you sleep).  And there are lots of friends and family who just can't wait to meet you, though we'll make some of them wait just a little longer so we can be selfish with our time with you.

Oh!  The hospital just called to make sure we were awake and ready to come in for you to be born! As if we could oversleep today of all days - it's your BIRTHDAY!

Love,
Mommy

7 comments:

  1. Yes, little ones, cut them some slack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 19 minutes!! Don't be selfish for too long... I can't wait to meet them :) Happy Birthday, Max, Daniel and Caroline!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Our thoughts are with you; and we look forward to seeing those kids!

    Cliff, Margie and Caroline Robbins

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy b'day, Salvateenies...we've all been waitinf for your arrival and can't wait to meet you.
    Edith, your piece above was so wonderful to read. My wife and I went through those hoops and more and never came to this happy terminal, but adoption did bring us a family. Enjoy the ride!
    Hugs,
    Rom

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got tears in my eyes - SOOO sweet and SOOOO exciting!!!! And SOOOO happy for you guys!!!! - Jill

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, they're beautiful! And they look pretty chubby. I'll bet you get to take them home Monday. Congratulations, Edith and Joe. You'll have so much fun with them. I look forward to more postings after you get them home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful message to your beautiful babies. Lots and lots of love to you all, Sherrie

    ReplyDelete