Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Caroline's restless night - addendum

I think I may have slept for about 45 minutes to an hour cuddling Caroline, then I strapped her into her bouncy chair while I took a shower.  Mercifully, she slept.  In the shower, I plotted out a complicated plan for making a cup of tea to take with me, since I'd obviously be needing some caffeine - I'd get out of the shower and wrap myself up in a towel, run into the kitchen to put on the kettle (with the handle up so it wouldn't whistle and wake anybody up), rush back to the bathroom to wash my face, brush my teeth and do my hair, rush back to the kitchen to pour the water into the tea making contraption to steep, run back to the bathroom to get dressed and put on make-up (time permitting), rush back to the kitchen to pour the steeped tea in a travel mug, grab my things and head down the back stairs and out to work (they re-primed the front steps yesterday and we can't walk on them yet).

It worked PERFECTLY.

All the way until I walked out with the travel mug of tea still sitting on the kitchen counter.  Grrr.

No comments:

Post a Comment