Thursday, October 14, 2010

Photo Shoot Day!

Now that the Salvateenies have passed their full-term due date, we figure there's no babying them anymore!  Time to take on a full day of activities, little guys!

They complied rather well, all in all.  Morning routines went well at home, then it was into the car and off to Grandma and Grandpa's house in Livermore where everyone got fed (some by actual grandparents, which was a treat for all involved - even though the grandfolks are much too gentle when it comes to burping time!) and took a little rest.  Then it was time for a little more food, a fresh diaper, and a wardrobe change and back in the car!

We headed a few more miles down the road to Lathrop for our appointment with Kree Addiego of http://www.kreephotography.com  The babies were supposed to arrive full and sleepy.  We thought we'd taken care of the "full" part, and they seemed pretty sleepy when we took them out of the car, but that soon faded and they went into full screamy-pants mode.  So we tried changing diapers (which were a bit wet) and we tried bottles (we had not packed nearly enough food for these guys), but still with the screamypants!  There seemed to be no reason for it...and then it hit me!  They knew it was their first "professional photo shoot" and they were just trying to live up to the stereotype of the diva supermodels they all expect to be!  (Check out the photos below and tell me if you think they'll make it.)

After an hour or more of posing - including various costume changes - it was back to Livermore to say good-bye to the grandparents, and then all the way back home.  Traffic was backed up getting through the toll plaza and getting off the bridge, and the hypnotic hum of the car engine lost its appeal to Caroline, who accompanied the remainder of the drive with periodic screeching.  I wonder if that's a downside of driving a hybrid - the engine is next to silent with very little vibration when you're in stop-and-go traffic...no baby distraction!

Once we were home it was turbo unpacking - Joe unlocked the gate and door while I removed the car seat/carriers.  Then Joe took the first baby up the stairs while I brought the other two to the gate.  He came back down to retrieve one while I brought the other half way for him to grab.  Then back down for all the other stuff packed away for their trip.  Exhausting!

At this point, I did a quick wardrobe change of my own and headed out sola for the SF Labor Council's COPE Dinner/Fundraiser, which this year was a tribute to my parents, Hene and Dennis Kelly (also known as Dennis and Hene Kelly), where everyone came up to me to give congratulations and ask about the babies.  I also got a lot of compliments on how great I look.  Considering I hadn't looked in the mirror before I left AND I was wearing entirely the wrong shoes for my outfit (though at least they were black and they fit), I highly recommend going out to dinner when people's expectations of your general appearance are low.

Of course, my absence meant Joe was home alone with the babies.  Before I even made it to the dinner, Caroline was up and yelling.  But her brothers lasted a bit longer before they asked Daddy politely to be fed.  Joe got them all fed and happily put back down while I was gone with little or no trouble.  When I got home, though, no matter how quietly I tried to sneak in the door, they all decided to let me know how unhappy they were that I'd left.  Nearly two hours after I got home they all seem to be quiet and sleeping at the moment.  We'll see how long that lasts!

oh? Those pictures I wanted your diva opinions on?  Here they are (thanks again, Kree!)











3 comments:

  1. These are all sooo cute! I love the ones where they are looking at the camera together! Truly amazing, to be able to capture THAT! And of course, the ones where they are smiling blissfully. What great memories for them, and you. Don't worry, you will forget the screaming, although, since I don't see any of those shots, I think you're just making that up. The Teenies are such good little babies....I can't believe they would cry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures. And a gorgeous gorgeous family. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the "hands & feet" and "baby heads". So glad you shared them (the babies and their photos) with the world.
    Gretchen

    ReplyDelete