Wednesday, February 3, 2016

While Mommy Was in the Shower

I was in the shower.  I wasn't there any longer than normal.  The kids had been busily playing and I didn't hear any major disasters.  Then I walked out of the bathroom and there was Daniel, looking sheepish.  And he said, with his head down and his toe rubbing back and forth on the carpet, "Umm, Mommy? We did something we are not supposed to be doing..."

This is a sentence that can give a mother a premature heart attack.  I asked, "What did you do?" and he took my hand and walked me into their room, where I was greeted with crayon and marker art all over their beds and the walls. (The stickers had been there previously)

Daniel's portrait of the Salvateenies, on his footboard

Max's Masterpiece on the door

Highlights on the wall

Caroline's name backwards on her wall


Caroline's portrait of herself and her brothers, on Daniel's headboard
In the grand scheme of things they're "not supposed to do", I suppose this is not that bad - or at least that's what my art teacher friends keep telling me.  I rationalize that the boys both ratted Caroline out as the ringleader and this will be her bedroom as she grows up, so she'll have to live with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment