Monday, March 25, 2013

Spring Break Begins!

On Saturday, Grandma came over during naptime so that I could run some errands and Grandpa was planning to come over around lunch time.  As I was backing out of the supermarket parking lot, I got a phone call from my dad asking where I was and what was up with the kids.  Apparently, he'd called the house and my mother's cell phone and gotten no response and was now across the street from my house.  He waited the two minutes for me to get home and helped me carry the groceries in.  We walked in to find Grandma asleep in her chair, cell phone in her lap.  We debated putting a mirror under her nose to make sure she was still with us, but after a brief rise and fall of her chest, we let her rest and unloaded the groceries.  She woke up a minute or so later and came in saying, "I was asleep." Umm, yeah, we figured...


Eating apples and checking out the cars on the street

Caroline thinks Mommy is funny





On Sunday, Uncle, Wendy, and I took the kids to the zoo.

Max thought the hippo might want a Nutter Butter

But Daniel knew it didn't belong in his nostril!

All those animals, and all Max cared about was the orange cone!

Everyone's favorite part of the zoo - FRENCH FRIES!

Caroline is training to be European, dipping her fries in mayonnaise

The big highlight (aside from seeing THREE lions in their enclosure and hearing the tiger roar while he paced) was the kids' first right on the Little Puffer Steam Train.

Caroline rode with Uncle and Daniel rode with Wendy



Max loved when the wind whipped through his hair




Then it was off to the petting zoo.  Armed with $3 worth of goat and sheep food, we set off, only to discover that all Max cared about was the ducks.  He and Daniel fed all their food to the ducks, giggling and screeching in excitement when they flapped near or quacked appreciation, while Caroline busied herself brushing the goats and raking the dirt.





No comments:

Post a Comment