Monday, July 5, 2010

Emotional Roller Coaster

Tonight I'm laying on the couch, resting (that's what I call it so I don't feel like I'm being lazy). I've got the laptop propped up on my big ol' belly and I'm watching the last episodes of Ugly Betty that I missed on tv. Joe's at work and I sent him a little instant Facebook message to say hi - and right as he responded, one of the babies kicked hard enough to pop the computer in the air! Must be missing their daddy!

But that was all they needed - they were off on their kung fu practice for the next twenty or thirty minutes. Little pops and shimmies throughout my belly bouncing the computer around. I hadn't noticed them moving around a bunch the last day or so, so I was ecstatic to feel them so active. And then I got sad - a little weepy. Why? Whenever anyone new talks to us about having triplets, invariably the idea that we're being very efficient with our triplets comes up. "Well - getting it all done at once - at least you'll only have one pregnancy!" And tonight, as the Salvateenies were doing their floor show, I realized that's true. These next few months are my only time to experience this and it makes me a little sad to think it's going to be so limited. Just this one time and even this one will be shortened by four to six weeks at least. So I've got to get the most out of these little dance parties as I can now!

No comments:

Post a Comment