Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Smooching Max

All the babies (there I go again!), ahem, Teenies, know how to give kisses now.  Caroline does it with a big "MMMM-WAH" and will sometimes blow kisses across the room.  Daniel has a shy little smile as he leans in for a 'mwah'. 

And then there's Max.

Many  months ago, Max melted my heart when we were snuggling on the couch and I was covering him with kisses and he reached up and signed "more" with his hands.  Another time, he tackled me, lay on top of me, and kept kissing me to the point I almost couldn't breathe, which of course made both of us laugh so much that breathing was even harder.

Yesterday, everyone was in a good mood when I got home - even Max, who had screamed through the first forty-five minutes of nap time until he finally wore Daddy down and got to sneak out to the living room.  After we said good by to Uncle Kelly, we played on the floor for a bit.  I asked Max for a kiss and he held up his hand, palm up to my lips.  So, naturally, I kissed his hand.  Which led to a series of smacks at my lips as he got me to kiss his hand repeatedly, but no actual kisses.

At bedtime, he popped his pacifier in his mouth and decided THIS would be the time to lean forward and smooch me on the lips.  Being the good mother I am, I complied and as soon as my lips met the other side of his pacifier, he melted into a sea of snorting little giggles, and then took the pacifier out of his mouth and shoved it into mine.

What a goofball!

Max stealing some hot dogs from Caroline's plate - so fast he's a blur!

"Wait a minute! Is that MY hot dog?"

"Hey! You stole my hot dog!"

Caroline's brushing all by herself!

No comments:

Post a Comment