Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Are You Ready for Some Football?

As we all know, the Salvateenies are first and foremost baseball fans, being responsible as they were for the Giants' late season surge and ultimate World Series victory in 2010.  But as the weather has taken a turn for the autumnal (which, in San Francisco, means it's finally gotten hot), they thought it might be time to explore some other sports.

In their bath tonight (and BOY did they need one - sweaty little babies!), I gave them some new bath toys - a little rubber baseball, soccer ball, and football.  Max and Daniel fought over the baseball, but Caroline grabbed both the soccer and the football and refused to let either go.  I guess she's covering all her "football" bases.  In fact, she liked the football so much, she carried it with her when she got out of the bath and insisted on playing with it in the living room, too.

There may be a genetic history to this.  My whole life I have heard the story of my first baby girl photo shoot, all dolled up in a pretty, frilly dress.  The studio had a bunch of cute, girly toys to play with, but apparently I refused to settle down until I got to pose with...you guessed it...a football:


When I saw Caroline playing with the football in the living room, I realized I should try for a similar shot.  But first, the boys tried their hands at it.

A lefty?  He already scrambles like Steve Young

Practicing for his TD spike

Daniel is examining the ball

"Pigskin? This doesn't taste like bacon!"

Working up to throwing a screwball -- wait, wrong sport!
It was actually quite hard to get pictures of Caroline with the ball because every time we tossed it to her, she'd pick it up and lob it back at us.  But we know she is really working on being a running back.


Gotta keep that ball tucked!

That's better

Good, try it on both sides

Practicing for the reverse hand-off

Oh no! Fumble!

No comments:

Post a Comment