Friday, May 7, 2010

First Scare

March 11, 2010: First real scare

I woke this morning to some spotting. I tried to keep myself calm and called Kaiser on my way to work. They sent a note to OB/GYN and half-way through the morning I got a call from a very kind and calm nurse who talked me through the signs to watch for and made me an appointment in the afternoon.

After school, Joe met me at the medical office and we were seen by Dr. Tzeng. To my surprise, Dr. Huang also came in, to provide a familiar face and help soothe my nerves. They did a quick ultrasound (most women have just one or two in a whole pregnancy - I've already had 3 in my first nine weeks!) and confirmed that all the heartbeats were still working. They found a clot near the cervix and cleaned it out, but could see no reason for it. I was told to try to stay calm, limit any activity, and avoid heavy lifting. Not a hard prescription to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment